Tuesday 1 March 2016

Do's and Do's in the Kitchen

Hey Guys, sorry I haven't been consistent for a while now, I am really hoping I'd change henceforth. Going forward, I'll be coming up with healthy cooking ideas, tips, secret food ingredients and ways you can become a better cook.
These have be composed with my experiences in the kitchen and few are compiled from articles I've read and still reading, because in life especially in cooking, you can never know it all  and when I get the chance to make some mouth watering dishes, I'll be sure to post it here first.
Enjoy as you read, sure you'll learn a few things in this and coming posts.

Here are the DO'S

Low and slow, meals cook better on a low temperature. This allows for proper simmering and less burning , but ensure to add liquid in smaller amount when cooking with low heat as the foods tends to require less water to cook. This works for me every time.

Taste as you go! Or be like me and tastes while in the serving plate, I don't know how I do it, I think it has to do with lots of crossing of fingers and praying, lols. But of cause taste what you make before you serve it.

Recipes are only a guideline, not the Bible. Feel comfortable replacing ingredients with similar ingredients that you like. If you like oregano but not thyme, use oregano., similarly offor can be replaced with archi, green leave(spinach) can be replace with efo leaves. Don't be afraid to switch ingredients, you can end up with your unique recipe, Thank me later.


Take the time to actually read recipes through before you begin so you don't go searching for procedures whilst cooking.

Remember, it’s all about the prep. Take away the stress by doing the prep the night or day before. You'll look like a superstar. Prepare ingredients and lock in a zip lock bag and toss in the fridge.

Rest, rest, rest! Always let your grilled proteins rest — especially off a hot grill. I like to allow my jollof rice rest as well before serving, allows for ingredient to fully incorporate into the meal.

Cook with other people who want to learn or who know how to cook

Cook more often. Don’t study; just cook, always try to try out something new. Cooking becomes a habit when you do it often, I didn't say eat often.

Always start with a smokin' hot pan, this is top secret.

Don't be too hard on yourself — mistakes make some of the best recipes! Keep it simple.

Clean as you go, Dorky yeah! but I really it really helps you get that almost immediate rest after long hours of standing for those that take hours cooking.
Enjoy your time in the kitchen, it's delectable not despicable

No comments:

Post a Comment